“For there is no distinction, since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God;…” Romans 3: 22,23
Thanks be to God and his son, Jesus the Christ, salvation is available to everyone.
These are the steps that lead to salvation, as outlined in the New Testament. This is not a mystery. This is not some “new thing”. The plan of salvation has been known for over two thousand years. It was revealed to mankind on the day of Pentecost or “Feast of Weeks, the first Hebrew “feast” after Christs death, burial and resurrection. It is the “pattern”, it is simple, it is understandable.
(All scripture is from the New Revised Standard Version, unless noted otherwise).
Over time, mankind has added and also removed some steps. Here are some passages which strictly forbid us from adding to or taking away from God the Almighty’s word.
• Deuteronomy 4:2–“You must neither add anything to what I command you nor take away anything from it, but keep the commandments of the LORD your God with which i am charging you”.
(NOTE: In the original language of Hebrew, the name of God is written YHWH. Translators,who are not inspired, instead used LORD. The best information we have shows YHWH is pronounced Yahweh).
• I Corinthians 4:6–“Now brothers, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the saying: ‘Nothing beyond what is written.’ (The Ministers Bible version)
• 2 John 1:9–“Everyone who does not abide in the teaching of Christ, but goes beyond it, does not have God; whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.”
• Revelation 22:18,19– “I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book:if anyone adds to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this book; if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away that person’s share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book”.
- One has to hear the gospel, just like those people in Acts 2: 37 “Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and to the other apostles, Brothers, what should we do?”
- One must believe. John 8:24 ” I told you that you would die in your sins unless you believe that i am he.”
- One must repent (turn away from what you are now doing). Acts 17:30,31 “While God has overlooked the times of human ignorance, now he commands all people everywhere to repent, because he has fixed a day on which he will have the world judged in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed, and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead.”
- Confess in Christ. Romans 10:10 “For one believes with the heart and so is justified, and one confesses with the mouth and so is saved.”
- Be immersed (submerged) in water. This is where a lot of people like to modify the “pattern.” Here is just one scripture that talks about baptism or immersion. Acts 22:16 “And now why do you delay? Get up, be baptized(immersed), and have your sins washed away, calling on his name.”
What to do after we have been saved and added to THE Church, THE body of Christ (Ephesians 1:22,23)…………
6. Continue to observe all things. Matthew 28:20 “Teaching them to obey everything that i have commanded you…”
7. Grow in grace and knowledge. 2 Peter 3:18 “But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ”.
8. Bring forth fruit to God. Luke 8:15 “But as for that in the good soil, these are the ones who, when they hear the word, hold it fast in an honest and good heart, and bear fruit with patient endurance”.
9. Defend the faith. Jude 3 “….I find it necessary to write and appeal to you to contend (dispute for)for the faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints.”
10. Live faithfully until we die. Revelation 2:10 “…Be faithful until death, and i will give you the crown of life”.
We pray that you read and study the scriptures to see if the things written above are true. Your soul depends on it!